Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Inaugural Group Ride Report

Hello Logan Cycling Club fans and members. I apologize for not posting anything sooner but I find I must wait to be inspired before I can adequately post.

Our first ride as a University recognized club went great. We started with six people, picked up one along the way, and finished with five. We are still not sure what happened to the other two but we are working on erecting a memorial in their honor.

We had multiple firsts on the ride, we had our first member to vomit, our first broken derailleur, a first time road rider and our first sponsorship. Apparently, Captain and a new member Rob "The Tool" Hammerling, received sponsorships from Orange and Lemon Jell-O. I hope Bill Cosby is not upset.

Surprisingly, our new rider, Garret "Banana" Brugger, not only kept up with the rest of us but often set the pace, leaving the rest of us in the dust. Here is a picture we snapped while he was acting casual.

Our next ride is looking to be on Sunday as Saturday is going to be cold and rainy. Keep checking back for updates. And Ruby 106 if you are out there we have your license plate.

4 comments:

  1. Do you guys know how to get to Bablar State Park? Is it a right, then another right, left or do I just take a left by that obvious sign that says Bablar State Park to the left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's a left, left, right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see I got my kid with me and we just want to have a nice walk in the park. Oh, by the way keep your eye out for some random guy who has been knocking on peoples doors asking for screw drivers. Poor fellow, must have just lost his way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and one more thing guys.... Have you by chance come across a Missouri license plate? Mine fell off my car a few miles back!

    ReplyDelete