Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Night Ride

So I wouldn't call it official or anything but we just finished our first ride as a club. And when I say it's not official I mean since the club was formed last week two of the members went on a ride together. Call it what you will but I maintain it was the first club ride.

Accompanying me on the ride this evening was The Rock and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. We pretty much pwned the night better than Marky Mark and Joaquin Phoenix. If I was to choose who was who I would say that I am more of a Joaqin type and Paul would be Wahlberg. I just wish he would stop asking me to say hello to my mother for him.

The weather was perfect tonight a beautiful 67 degrees fahrenheit or 292.4 Kelvin for all of you absolute zero folks. The only difficulty I found in the ride was the West Clayton hill which conquered me without even batting an eyelash. The Rock however was able to demolish it and then went back for seconds. It was truly an epic ride.

Apart from the ride there is some other good news. We have added two new members to the group: Jonathan "Captain" Emlet and Nicholas Starman. Nick requires no nickname because his last name is f'ing STARMAN. He is a professed mountain biker but we think he will soon roam the streets with us. He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.

That is it for now. Check back soon for more worthless updates.

Let all the children boogie.

-JFE

1 comment:

  1. ... and trust me it would be all worthwhile. Those of you who are spry enough to dare stray away from the paved paths, the St. Louis area also has a plethora of pedal worthy possibilities in the surrounding flora habitation. A true test of a man's man, enter into this wooded terrain and fight the fierce foliage and treacherous topography. It is an exhilarating experience that I'm sure you'd enjoy. If anyone is interested let me know. GORC.com is where I've been getting most of my trailhead information from.
    -STARMAN

    ReplyDelete